This class is ideal for first time Resolve users and you do not need to be a colorist to attend. Class size is normally capped at ten students with a workstation and control surface for each student. The class mixes the operational side of Resolve with practical, real-world training on workflows, basic color theory, grading approaches, and techniques. It is run at a relaxed pace, questions are encouraged, and group participation is a key part of the course. This class is ideal for junior colorists, editors, DITs, DPs, and VFX guys, basically anybody with a desire to get into color correction.
You are encouraged to download Resolve and have a play before taking this class.
Remember “It’s more about the Art than the App”.
The two day weekend version of this class is ideal for students who are booked or cannot take time off work during the week.
You Will Learn
- How to load your V14 software and get started
- New v14 Media Management tools
- Getting different RAW camera formats into the Resolve
- Conforming with XML and EDLs v Editing or splitting a Baked file.
- Basic Color theory and how this works in the DaVinci
- Primary and secondary correction including curves and the new v12 3D Keyer
- What are waveforms, how do they make us a better Colorist?
- How the nodes work, they are very powerful when used correctly.
- 5 Power Windows: Learn why you use them, not just how to use them
- Tracking Windows with the auto tracker
- Keyframing both color correction and framing controls
- Grading digital material, including BMCC, RED and Sony
- Colorist strategies with Resolve
- Matching a sequence, where do you start?
- Using a control surface, how it makes us better and faster
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate.