This three day training course provides a complete overview of all aspects of the Resolve program: importing media, editing, audio, compositing, delivering the media, and above all, the ins and outs of color correction.
Students must bring their own computers to this class.
You do not need to be a professional to attend. Class size is normally capped at eight students.
The class mixes the operational side of Resolve with practical, real-world training on general workflows, basic color theory and….fixing it in post. It is run at a relaxed pace, questions are encouraged, and group participation is a key part of the course.
This class is ideal for junior colorists, camera-operators, editors, DITs, DPs, and VFX people – basically anybody with a desire to get into daVinci Resolve.
You are encouraged to download Resolve and have a play before taking this class.
You Will Learn
- How to load Resolve software and get started
- Getting different camera formats into the Resolve
- Conforming with XML and EDLs v Editing or splitting a Baked file.
- Basic video editing within Resolve
- Basic audio conforming and editing within Fairlight
- Color theory and how this works in the daVinci
- Editing and grading (RAW/LOG/ProRes) material, including: Blackmagic Design, RED, Arri, Canon, and Sony
- Primary and secondary color correction
- Using a control surface, how it makes us better and faster
- Post-production workflows
- Basic compositing and fixing (camera) problems
- What are waveforms and how do they you use them?
- The use of LUTs and how to create a look