This is an advanced practical workshop to keep Film Master colorists at peak performance, and to ensure that they are getting the most from their system. Some time is allocated for specific operational techniques and questions that arise and the class is expected to contribute ideas with the group. This is an opportunity to be face to face with the best of the rest.
This course is for colorists who have completed the “Essential Grading with Film Master” or who have at least one year of Film Master experience. It is a detailed explanation of new tools, features and changes in the software over the last 12 months. The class size is always kept small (typically four colorists) and most of the day is shared hands on time. This is a great opportunity to meet other Film Master colorists and take your skills to new levels, and new directions.
First the course introduces the latest changes and new features of the software, and then details how these can be used for better quality and/or better efficiency. The features covered change with the software versions of the time and the actual course content varies according to the wishes of the participants.
You Will Learn
- What changes have been made to the software over the last 12 months
- Which preferences need updating
- How the Precision panels have improved*
- How and when to use new features*
- The latest tips, tricks and shortcuts
- Known workarounds for known problems
- Hands on practice of conforming, compositing, grading and finishing*
- Ways to achieve better quality
- Techniques to help work faster
*Actual details vary with each software release
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate with Nucoda endorsement.