Synopsis – 2 Days
Nucoda Film Master is one of the most versatile and comprehensive grading systems on the market. This is a hands-on operational course for apprentice colorists and freelancers. It concentrates on the color tools and explains how and when to use them to correct, enhance and fix images. It is ideal for anyone that wishes to work on Film Master or who wishes to practice the essential concepts of grading on a high-end system with dedicated control panels.
This course is a fantastic opportunity to learn one of the widest color toolsets available in one grading system. It is an ideal follow up to Colorist Strategies, and useful to anyone planning to buy or work on the Film Master family of products. It is also a good primer for those who wish to take further courses such as Popular Looks and Advanced Film Master.
The Course begins with a system overview, looks at setup and preferences, and basic conforming. It then focuses on the color and DVO tools for grading. Colorists will practice with example material provided, but are welcome to bring their own material to work on as well. Once the individual tools are explained, the pace picks up and we delve into complex grades, combination techniques and the use of memories and note libraries.
London – GB£650
- March 17-18, 2016 Details and Registration
Los Angeles – $1350*
- Dates TBA
*This classes is recognized by the Motion Picture Editors Guild, and their members are eligible to get two thirds of the class cost reimbursed through Contract Services. More information at www.csatf.org. You must apply to them and get pre-approved to qualify.
You Will Learn
- How to set preferences and install upgrades
- How to create projects, compositions and versions
- Ways to get the most from the GUI and control panels
- Primary Tools –What do Levels, Printer Lights, SOP, LGG, Balance, Color Curves, RGB Curves, Brightness Contrast, and the Channel Mixer do?
- Secondary Tools – What do HSL, Hue Curves, Clips and tools with isolations, such as Brightness Regions and RGB Curves do?
- How do the layers work, and when are they useful?
- What can the router do?
- How to get great isolations using the keyers, shapes and mattes?
- Ways to use Blur, DVO, plugins and even regular tools for effect
- How to get the most from Memories and the Compare tool
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate with Image Systems endorsement.
There are regular open classes in London and Los Angeles. Other locations are arranged on demand. This class can also be run privately on site.
- Phone (worldwide requests) +44 7834 369 284
- (USA bookings) +1 818-559-8648