Synopsis – 3 Days
This is a three day class which is aimed at those who want to further pursue the art and technique of digital image restoration. The class is taught by Blake Jones who is a highly experienced Colorist/ICA Instructor and Restoration expert. The class is taught using a DaVinci Revival Pro system but these techniques can easily be applied to any restoration application.
- June 4-6, 2012 Contact us for more information
You Will Learn
- Scanning your material
- Types of scanners
- Digital image restoration applications
- A description of Interactive processing
- What is automatic processing?
- How to decide which tools are required
- Working with video based material
- How to restore older Technicolor films
- Color fading (what causes it and how to deal with it)
- Fixing scratches
- Dust busting (which tools are best to use)
- Image flicker
- Stains (what are they and how to fix them)
- How to fix large tears in film material
- The order in which to apply restoration tools
- What causes the problems that we see (nitrate film, vinegar syndrome, etc)
- Archival methods
- Output of restored media
- How did we restore images before?
- Mixing old and new restoration techniques
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate with Black Magic Design endorsement.