Sascha Haber is based in Copenhagen from where he freelances all over the world.
He comes from a classical design background and studied at the Academy of Arts in German and also visited the Silicon Studio for his Softimage education in 1996.
He worked in several German companies to design intros for TV shows and pioneered XSI when it came to the market.In 2000 he switched to compositing and fell in love with 5D’s Cyborg and its possibilities. That also laid the foundation for his work on Scratch which he started in 2005.
Since then he worked as colorist at Ghost in Copenhagen, started their grading business from the ground and always held close ties with Assimilate to help and assist in developing the software further.
Over time he worked on some major Hollywood production like Hellboy 2, Drag Me to Hell, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Stardust just to name a few. His work extended the need of color into heavy compositing and integration of CGI elements. Sascha also graded a bunch of European movies and was responsible for the technical side of color for VFX heavy features, managing a seamless pipeline and preserving image quality. About 300 projects later with a couple of Awards, Cannes Lion and so on for commercials he has joined the ICA as our Assimilate specialist.
When not working on colors he is probably out flying a model helicopter for pure pleasure or with a camera on board.
Sascha’s other life is targeted to model aviation and sport action live photography.
- DI Film credits: BEAST (2011), The Good Doctor (2011), HellBoy 2 (Maquette Sequence, 2008), Awake (2011), Bermuda Triangle Northsea (2011)
- Feature DIT: The Sorcerers Apprentice (2010), Drag me to Hell (2009), Cold Prey 2 (2010), A Royal Affair (2012)
- TV credits: Ludvig and Father Christmas (24 episodes 2011) , Alle Zeit der Welt (2010)
- Commercials credits: 7up, Bavaria, Coke Zero, Doritos, Mercedes, Peugeot, SONY Erickkson, Suzuki
- Music video credits: Dunee, Kim Gloss, KissKissKiss, Cryoshell, Czeslaw Spiewa, Linda Teodosiu
Sascha teaches the Scratch courses for beginners or advanced students as well as the new Commercial Grading classes in 2012. Courses for Scratch will be held in Copenhagen and Miami in English and also in Berlin for students preferring German. Asia Pacific and India are on the list for later this year. Commercial Grading classes will be offered at the location requested by most students.
Sascha teaches these ICA courses:
- Scratch 101
- Scratch 201
- Scratch 301
- Commercial Grading
Contact Sascha Haber
All fields required.