Synopsis – 2 Day Resolve V12.5 Class
Ideal for current Resolve Colorists and assistant operators. We cover advanced techniques and tricks using the latest software with the DaVinci Resolve control surface. These classes are normally capped at eight-ten people with each student getting a workstation with either the Wave, Element or Ripple.
Students are encouraged to bring their own material so the instructor and the students can grade and discuss the different formats and the challenges they bring. This is an advanced class that looks at color correction in general not only from the DaVinci point of view.
This new class is designed around a small conformed sequence that you can take away. We will work through the project from start to finish, using Resolve V12.5 and general colorist strategies to get the job finished. You will be able to keep the media project and stills, a great way to continue your learning.
Next v12.5 Classes
London — 800GBP 2 Days with Dado Valentic
- 25-26 January 2017 www.colour.training
London — 800GBP 2 Days with Warren
- 6-7 September 2017 www.colour.training
Singapore — US$1680 2 Day class with Warren
- 24-25 November, 2016 Contact us for more information
- 2-3 March, 2017 Contact us for more information
Taiwan — $23,000NT 2 days with Warren (This is a BYO laptop class)
- 30 November- 1 December 2016 More info
New York — US$1095 with Warren
- 2-3 February 2017 Contact us for more information
Los Angeles — US$1095 with Warren
- 9-10 February, 2017 Contact us for more information http://training.abelcine.com/ica-training-with-ica-resolve-201/
Chicago — US$1095 with Warren
- TBA 2017 Contact us for more information http://training.abelcine.com/ica-training-with-ica-resolve-201/
Los Angeles — $1295 2 Days with Dado Valentic
- TBA 2017 www.colour.training
Miami — $1295 2 Days with Dado Valentic
- TBA 2017 www.colour.training
Munich — with Blake
You Will Learn
- Start with a complete look at v12.5, what tools are great for the colorist?
- A complete workflow using advanced techniques on supplied material that you can take away.
- Bring in camera original footage using the new Media Management tool
- Grade a look for editing from the 4K RAW camera files.
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs and Looks
- Render 1920 ProRes or DNxHD for Editing, H264 for the web. DPX for VFX
Export and XML/AAF from FCP/Premiere. How to Round-trip successfully.
- Conform the ProRes in Resolve using the XML, it’s not correct what can we do?
- How to animate shapes and framing with the keframing tools
- Bring in audio .wav then compare the conform with the offline reference movie.
- Swap to the RAW camera files.
- “Conform v Bake”, what are the pros and cons of each workflow?
- Where do we start the grade?
- New Primary controls. 3 way color corrector. Offset, Curves and LOG grading
- Look creation. How to preview a look through the whole timeline using Playheads.
- Plugin FXs, is this a job for the Colorist?
- Advanced secondary grading, keying including the new 3D keyer
- Advanced tracking controls with the new 3D tracker.
- VFX shots inserted into the timeline
- Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media.
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- NR we look at the different types, using the Splitter and Combiner Node
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate.
Locations and booking info
There are regular open classes in London, Los Angeles, New York, and Singapore. Other locations are arranged on demand. This class can also be run privately on site.
- Los Angeles bookings http://training.abelcine.com/workshops/
- London http://www.colour.training
- Singapore http://www.media-asylum.com/
- New York http://www.mewshop.com/
- Atlanta http://www.colorscene.com/services/training-services.html
- Munich http://www.vision2see.de