Synopsis – 2 Day Resolve V10 Class
Ideal for current Resolve Colorists and assistant operators. We cover advanced techniques and tricks using the latest software with the DaVinci Resolve control surface. These classes are normally capped at eight-ten people with two students sharing a workstation and either the Wave, Element or Avid control surfaces.
Students are encouraged to bring their own material so the instructor and the students can grade and discuss the different formats and the challenges they bring. This is an advanced class that looks at color correction in general not only from the DaVinci point of view.
This new class is designed around a small conformed sequence that you can take away. We will work through the project from start to finish, using Resolve V10 and general colorist strategies to get the job finished. You will be able to keep the media project and stills, a great way to continue your learning.
London — 800GBP with Warren
- TBA, 2014 http://www.mytherapy.tv/colourtraining/
Singapore — US$1480
- February 20-21, 2014 Contact us for more information
- May 22-23, 2014 Contact us for more information
New York — US$1095
- April 4-5, 2014 Contact us for more information
Los Angeles — US$1095
- April 13-14, 2014 Contact us for more information
You Will Learn
- A complete workflow using advanced techniques on supplied material that you can take away.
- Start with dailies. Grade a look for editing from the RAW camera files.
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs and Looks
- Render ProRes or DNxHD for Editing, H264 for the web.
Export and XML/AAF from FCP/Premiere. How to Round-trip successfully.
- Conform the ProRes in Resolve using the XML, it’s not correct what can we do?
- How to animate shapes and framing with the keframing tools
- Bring in audio .wav then compare the conform with the offline reference movie.
- Swap to the RAW camera files.
- “Conform v Bake”, what are the pros and cons of each workflow?
- Where do we start the grade?
- Primary grading. 3 way color corrector, Offset, Curves and LOG grading
- Look creation. How to preview a look through the whole timeline using Playheads.
- Plugin FXs, is this a job for the Colorist?
- Advanced secondary grading, keying, window tracking and keyframing.
- VFX shots inserted into the timeline
- Physically add grain and scratches from supplied ICA media.
- Fix audio and Optical flow issues.
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- Finish Render out to 709/DCP.
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate.
Locations and booking info
There are regular open classes in London, Los Angeles, New York, and Singapore. Other locations are arranged on demand. This class can also be run privately on site.
- Los Angeles bookings http://roush-media.com/education/ica-colorist-training/
- London http://www.mytherapy.tv/colourtraining/
- Singapore http://www.media-asylum.com/
- New York http://www.mewshop.com/