Synopsis – 3 Day and 2 Day Classes
This class is an excellent introduction to DaVinci Resolve V10. It is ideal for first time users and you do not need to be a Colorist to attend. Class size is normally capped at eight-ten students with a workstation and control surface shared between two people. The class mixes the operational side of Resolve with some practical real world training on workflows, basic color theory, grading approaches and techniques. It is run at a relaxed pace, questions are encouraged and group participation is a key part of the course. You are encouraged to download Resolve Lite and have a play.
This class is ideal for Junior colorists, editors, DITs, DPs, and VFX guys, basically anybody with a desire to get into color correction.
Remember “It’s more about the Art than the App”
Next Classes on Resolve V10
London — 800GBP V9
- August 12-13, 2013 Contact us for more information
Singapore — US$1680 3 days
- August 12-14, 2013 Contact us for more information
New York — US$1495 3 days
- August 30 – September 1 2013 Contact us for more information
Los Angeles — US$1495 3 days
- September 9-11, 2013 Contact us for more information
Sydney — 2 days $895A
You Will Learn:
- How to load your V10 software and get started
- Getting different RAW camera formats into the Resolve
- Conforming with XML and EDLs
- Basic Color theory and how this works in the DaVinci
- Primary and secondary correction including curves
- What are waveforms?
- How the nodes work, they are very powerful when used correctly. New V10 nodes
- 5 Power Windows: Learn why you use them, not just how to use them
- Tracking Windows with the auto tracker
- Keyframing both color correction and framing controls
- Grading digital material, including BMCC, RED and Sony
- Colorist strategies with Resolve
- Using a control surface, how it makes us better and faster
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate.
Locations and booking info
There are regular open classes in London, Los Angeles, New York, and Singapore. Other locations are arranged on demand. This class can also be run privately on site.
- Los Angeles bookings +1 818-559-8648
- Singapore http://www.media-asylum.com/
- New York http://www.mewshop.com/
- Sydney http://www.open.aftrs.edu.au/course/E554
- London http://www.mytherapy.tv/colourtraining/