Practical DIT Dailies Workshop
The job of the DIT (aka PrePost on set) is constantly evolving, and to that evolvement, this workshop was created. This two day class concentrates on the production of dailies, and all the tools, software and skill to get you working efficiently and quickly. We start with the backing up of camera files and go all the way through to handing off of your shuttle drive with finished dailies to the editor or post house.
This class will be unique, it will be a practical class, where you will go through the actual steps yourself from backing up on set to syncing audio, color correction and applying LUTs to final files delivery to the editor. We quickly go through all the steps below, and then you go to work, hands on and LIVE as if you are on an actual working set.
This is a relaxed class that will remove the mystery, help simplify and have you become confident in the DIT position. You will be exposed to cool gear and software to allow you to be an artist on-set.
Class is limited to 16 students. Continental breakfast will be served in the morning. We break for lunch (there are several restaurants within walking distance of the studio to choose from, including Pink’s and Chipotle), and then we finish out each day.
AbelCine, Burbank — $1050
You Will Learn:
- Develop a firm understanding of the DIT role for TV and Features
- Proper back up procedures for original camera media
- Monitor Calibration
- Evaluating color and exposure – via the use of scopes
- Live Grading on set
- Developing Looks with the DP
- Using a gray card for reference and camera matching
- Using a color Temp Meter on set
- Basic use of color control surface
- The importance of setting proper white balance in camera
- Primary and Best Light Color Correction
- Syncing audio
- Learn to use Davinci Resolve and Assimilate Scratch for color correction and deliverables
- Learn to create high quality compressed files for iPad and Cloud delivery
- Use of Cloud services for dailies upload and viewing
- Learn on set procedures wiring with camera crew, DP, production and post
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate.