This advanced workshop is an exciting and inspirational experience for colorists who have already mastered the basics of grading and the fundamentals of the Film Master. It is designed to keep colorists at their peak, and at the cutting edge of their profession.
This course is for colorists who have completed the “Essential Grading with Film Master” or who have at least one year of Film Master experience. It explores the great potential of the system and explains the more complex features. This is a great opportunity to meet other Film Master colorists and take your skills to new levels, and new directions. Helpful contacts and long term friendships are often forged over the two days.
First the course introduces the latest changes and new features of the software, and then it covers more advanced techniques. This outline describes the most commonly requested topics, but many others are covered according to the wishes of the participants.
You Will Learn
- How to use multiple software versions and join the beta program
- What new features are in the latest software?
- Color Tools revisited. A closer look at the toolset and how to get more control
- Advanced Layers. How to manage layer order, tool order, layer sources, blend modes and opacity.
- Better Isolation. How to use isolation combinations, work with multiple shapes, get the best from the I-Keyer and take advantage of the matte tools.
- FX Layers. Discover some hidden gems with sharpen, regrain, clarity and color LUTs
- How to manage note libraries, composition notes, groups and alternate timelines
- How to switch to source order, extend handles and tidy up compositions
- Ways to use versions, multiple tracks and compositing
- Ways to make dynamic grades, including edit dissolves, auto keyframe, keyframes, point tracking and DVO tracks
All students on this course receive an ICA Certificate with Nucoda endorsement.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software