Synopsis – 1 Day ACES
This course teaches theory and practice of using Academy Colour Encoding System developed by the Science and Technology Council (STC) of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (AMPAS). The aim of this course is to show how ACES is set to:
- Improve and simplify post-production workflow
- Restore and preserve current motion picture assets
- Create a standard that is ready for future technologies.
with Dado Valentic
London – 300GBP – one day with Dado
You Will Learn
- The Introduction to ACES
- The input device transform (IDT) by which image data from different cameras is transformed to a common colourspace (ACES).
- Picture rendering using the AMPAS reference rendering transform (RRT).
- The four key colour transforms: IDT, LMT, RRT, and ODT.
- How is ACES best applied to the DI pipeline, and how it aids CGI/VFX integration.
- The concept of working space. “Linear” mode (lift/gamma/gain) and “log” mode; contrast and brightness reinterpreted
- Various output device transforms to yield imagery suitable for D-cinema, HD, and other displays.
- The necessity of 3×3 matrix transform
- The future and HDR acquisition
Locations and booking info
Please contact www.colour.training to receive application form or call our London office on +44 0207 432 3863